Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Html
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. WordPress Theme With Html
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you develop a website and start converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to offer.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion elements instead of style aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blog sites while others are better for selling product or services. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Html
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of general settings relevant to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Html
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of the best ways to browse around the membership area.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the information of your Thrive account including billings and contact info.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can develop an account to access the content. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog where they share loads of helpful information in addition to product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages discovered on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop much better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, develop much better content and much more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: WordPress Theme With Html
The Product Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, but simply a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or want to have a look at a particular feature, then it’s a helpful location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and expert ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update offered alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Html
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own concerns and those reported by other clients.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers don’t always use the ideal area to send their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to select the right category when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more difficult for other clients to find.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it comes to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions immediately and clearly.
Whenever you decide to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription cost for life. That’s an excellent reward to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is constantly adding new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business launched three brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to purchase specific items now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses outstanding value for money. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It provides you fast access to all the appropriate details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a small drawback compared with the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest requirement and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Html
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.