Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Horizontal Scrolling
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With Horizontal Scrolling
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a website and begin transforming visitors into customers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering has to offer.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion elements rather than design visual appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to fit both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Horizontal Scrolling
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of general settings suitable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Horizontal Scrolling
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video trip of how to browse around the membership location.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can create an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of helpful details as well as product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages found online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce much better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, develop better material and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: WordPress Theme With Horizontal Scrolling
The Item Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, but merely a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to check out a specific function, then it’s a helpful location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider pointers from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Horizontal Scrolling
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your very own problems and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers do not constantly utilize the ideal area to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to pick the correct classification when logging a concern.
For instance, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect area are more difficult for other clients to find.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it concerns responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support group provide an outstanding service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership rate for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always adding new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase individual items now and wish to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides exceptional value for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the rates that is attractive.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It provides you fast access to all the pertinent details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. But that’s a small downside compared to the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Horizontal Scrolling
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.