Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Bootstrap Tutorial
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With Bootstrap Tutorial
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a site and start transforming visitors into customers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to use.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive places more focus on conversion aspects rather than design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blogs while others are preferable for offering services and products. There are themes to suit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Bootstrap Tutorial
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Bootstrap Tutorial
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of ways to navigate around the membership area.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account including billings and contact info.
You’ll also find your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can create an account to access the material. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog site where they share loads of helpful info along with product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages discovered online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, construct an engaged subscriber list, produce better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: WordPress Theme With Bootstrap Tutorial
The Product Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, but simply a quick way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or wish to have a look at a specific feature, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Bootstrap Tutorial
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional place to track your very own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, consumers do not always utilize the best area to submit their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the correct classification when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect area are more difficult for other clients to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it pertains to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support team offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s a terrific reward to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is always including new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to buy individual items now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses exceptional value for money. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not simply the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It gives you fast access to all the appropriate info, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor drawback compared to the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and constantly upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Bootstrap Tutorial
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.