Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Bbpress
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With Bbpress
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and start converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to provide.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion components rather than design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for offering products and services. There are themes to match both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Bbpress
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings suitable to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Bbpress
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video trip of the best ways to navigate around the membership location.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account including billings and contact information.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has been used:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog site where they share loads of helpful information as well as product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages discovered online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce much better landing pages, construct an engaged newsletter, create better content and much more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: WordPress Theme With Bbpress
The Product Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, however simply a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to take a look at a specific function, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert suggestions from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including brand-new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Bbpress
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your very own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers do not always utilize the best section to submit their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to choose the proper classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
But when it comes to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support group provide an excellent service level. They update the ticket discussions promptly and clearly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership price for life. That’s a terrific reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always including new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy specific products now and want to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent worth for loan. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not simply the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It offers you fast access to all the appropriate details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software application. But that’s a minor drawback compared to the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest standard and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Bbpress
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.