Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Adsense Ready
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they met were testing. WordPress Theme With Adsense Ready
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a website and begin converting visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to provide.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive places more focus on conversion components instead of design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for selling product or services. There are themes to suit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Adsense Ready
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains general settings relevant to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Adsense Ready
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video trip of how to navigate around the membership area.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account including billings and contact information.
You’ll likewise discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can produce an account to access the material. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog where they share loads of beneficial info along with product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can imitate landing pages discovered on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, construct an engaged mailing list, create much better material and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: WordPress Theme With Adsense Ready
The Product Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership unique, however merely a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or wish to have a look at a specific feature, then it’s an useful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade readily available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Adsense Ready
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers do not constantly use the ideal area to send their demands. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to choose the appropriate classification when logging a concern.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more challenging for other customers to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it comes to addressing support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions promptly and plainly.
Whenever you decide to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription cost for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is always adding new products to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future products, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy specific items now and want to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides outstanding worth for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It provides you quick access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software. But that’s a small drawback compared to the exceptional support service they offer.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are established to the greatest standard and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Adsense Ready
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.