Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Themes For WordPress Real Estate
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Themes For WordPress Real Estate
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and begin transforming visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering needs to use.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements instead of design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are better for selling products and services. There are themes to suit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Themes For WordPress Real Estate
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings suitable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Themes For WordPress Real Estate
Thrive loves producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of the best ways to browse around the membership area.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact info.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can create an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog site where they share loads of helpful details as well as product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages discovered online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you produce better landing pages, develop an engaged mailing list, produce much better content and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Themes For WordPress Real Estate
The Item Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, however merely a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or want to check out a particular feature, then it’s a beneficial location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Themes For WordPress Real Estate
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your very own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers do not constantly use the right section to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to pick the correct category when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect area are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software.
However when it concerns addressing support questions, then the Thrive support group supply an exceptional service level. They update the ticket discussions quickly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription price for life. That’s a terrific reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always adding new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy individual items now and wish to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides outstanding value for loan. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It provides you quick access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a small disadvantage compared with the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Themes For WordPress Real Estate
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.