Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Free WordPress Theme With User Registration
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they met were testing. Free WordPress Theme With User Registration
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a site and begin converting visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to use.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements instead of style aesthetics.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for selling product or services. There are themes to match both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Free WordPress Theme With User Registration
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings suitable to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Free WordPress Theme With User Registration
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of how to navigate around the membership area.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account including billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise discover your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can develop an account to access the material. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog site where they share loads of beneficial info in addition to product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages found online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you create much better landing pages, build an engaged newsletter, create better content and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Free WordPress Theme With User Registration
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, but merely a fast way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or wish to take a look at a specific function, then it’s an useful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Free WordPress Theme With User Registration
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your own issues and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers don’t constantly use the right area to send their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to pick the correct classification when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
But when it concerns responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support team provide an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions immediately and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription cost for life. That’s a fantastic incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly including brand-new products to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business launched three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase specific products now and wish to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers outstanding value for cash. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It offers you quick access to all the appropriate details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software. But that’s a small disadvantage compared to the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest requirement and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Free WordPress Theme With User Registration
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.